Welcome to the Oromo – Canadian Cultural Association of Ottawa
About the Association
The Oromo-Canadian Cultural Association was established in early 1990s following the arrival of a sizable number of Oromo immigrants who left their country of origin due to persecution under successive Ethiopian regimes. The association was incorporated as a Not-for-Profit organization in 1993. The Association is governed by three member executive committee (President, Secretary and Treasurer).
Objectives of the Association:
- To cultivate and retain the Oromo heritage and tradition through the Association’s cultural activities, including exhibitions, bazaars and other ceremonies
- To partake in Canada’s multicultural aims by actively participating in and contributing to various ethno-cultural events.
- Promote awareness among Canadians of the Cultural fabric of Oromian.
- Help bring Oromo individuals together by pursuing social and educational programs and cultural activities of common interest for the benefit of the whole community.
- Help Oromo nationals coming to Ottawa as new immigrants or visitors to adapt to the new environment and culture.
Our nonprofit organization, membership-fee is one of our main means of raising capital for our limited operational budget.
We encourage all Oromos in Ottawa to join as members.
Membership in the Oromo-Canadian Cultural Association allows one to elect or become an elected member of the executive committee.
To become a member of OCCAO, please download Application form.
You can contact us at email@example.com